The Effect of Internal Locus of Control on the Entrepreneurial Intention of Vocational High School Students

Abstract

Internal locus of control is one of the factors that has contributed to the entrepreneurial intentions of vocational high school students. This study aims to test empirically the relationship between internal locus of control and entrepreneurial intentions of vocational high school students. The population in this study were all students of class XII Vocational High Schools in the field of technology and engineering expertise as many as 422 at Jombang city. The sample used was 180 students through random techniques. The data were collected using the entrepreneurial intention scale and the internal locus of control scale. The data analysis technique uses the product moment correlation analysis technique. The results showed a significant positive relationship between internal locus of control and entrepreneurial intention, with a significance level (p) of 0.032. Internal locus of control contributed 2.2 percent to entrepreneurial intention so that the remaining 97.8 percent was influenced by other variables. It can be concluded from this study that students' internal locus of control can predict the level of student entrepreneurial intention.



Author Information
Muhammad Kris Yuan Hidayatulloh, State University of Surabaya, Indonesia
Eppy Yundra, State University of Surabaya, Indonesia
I Gusti Putu Asto Buditjahjanto, State University of Surabaya, Indonesia

Paper Information
Conference: ACEID2021
Stream: Educational policy

This paper is part of the ACEID2021 Conference Proceedings (View)
Full Paper
View / Download the full paper in a new tab/window

Video Presentation


Posted by amp21